The Gremlin is an online news and information website for the Eden District [Garden Route & Klein | Little Karoo].
It is updated with a selection of the latest International, National, Business and Sports News between 7 am and 8 am weekdays. Local News covering George, Plettenberg Bay, Knysna, Sedgefield, Mossel Bay, Hessequa and Klein Karoo is published on receipt.
The Gremlin Morning Editions, distributed to a permission-based mailing list at around 8 am weekdays include:
- A selection of the latest International, National, Business and Sports News
- All the latest Local News
- Some commentary
- The Latest Press Releases & Opinion Pieces
READERSHIP & DEMOGRAPHICS
I launched The Gremlin in October 2009 with fewer than 100 readers. Today I have a loyal daily readership of 4 000+ and an occasional readership of 2 – 6 000. Annual unique visitors now number over 350 000.
The Gremlin is aimed at the small business owner, management and other decision-makers as well as recently retired individuals who are still economically active. The site’s demographics reflects this as 65%+ of my readers are in the 35 to 60 age group in the LSM6 and upwards categories. The gender split is roughly 60% male and 40% female.
- To provide a reliable, consistent and up-to-date stream of news and information – free from cheap sensationalism and outside influence.
- To be a central hub for news and information by including as many RSS feeds and Newsletters as are relevant.
- To be an advertising platform for locally-owned and operated businesses as well as those whose products and services are relevant to businesses and individuals living in the Eden District.
- To actively engage with readers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- To actively inform followers and promote local businesses on these three social media platforms.
See my advertising rates here.
Click here to and subscribe to the newsletter. Be sure to check the “I prefer to receive emails in HTML format”
|Month||Unique visitors||Number of visits||Pages||Hits||Bandwidth|
|Jan 2016||39908||117299||409294||1816425||25.96 GB|
|Feb 2016||31568||106486||395100||1643519||24.65 GB|
|Mar 2016||27616||105054||371949||1224245||20.50 GB|
|Apr 2016||28407||97692||360308||1155166||18.14 GB|
|May 2016||28891||100991||386547||1387474||22.25 GB|
|Jun 2016||34300||105503||454407||1111207||21.70 GB|
|Jul 2016||23429||97767||462508||1095691||23.13 GB|
|Aug 2016||25441||91229||487134||1175303||26.12 GB|
|Sep 2016||26625||76950||451438||1228507||32.31 GB|
|Oct 2016||28302||86406||490188||1184011||29.10 GB|
|Nov 2016||30835||100756||514932||1285611||30.31 GB|
|Dec 2016||29235||94929||359596||1027739||21.81 GB|
SOUTH CAPE NET
The Gremlin is hosted by South Cape Net, an internet marketing, advertising and promotions company based in George.
Host your domain with South Cape Net for R1000/annum [this includes the annual registration fee] and get my complete internet advertising package]. Read more…