Charl Schwartzel took home two prizes at the annual Sunshine Tour awards dinner for the 2011 season, held in Johannesburg.
The reigning Masters’ and Joburg Open champion won the Sunshine Tour Commissioners Award for his contribution to South African golf throughout the year.
He was also given honourary life membership to the Sunshine tour, alongside with fellow Major winners, Louis Oosthuizen and Trevor Immelman.
But the big prize of the evening went to Garth Mulroy who won the Sid Brews Award for topping the Order of Merit after earning just over R3.4 million.
The Rookie of the Year honour went to Allan Versfeld. The 20-year-old had an impressive first year, finishing 16th on the moneylist with just under R600 000 in earnings.
Branden Grace [pictured above] collected the award for having the lowest stroke average over the 2011 season shooting 69.41 per round, while Jean Hugo was voted Players’ Player of the Year.
George Coetzee was awarded the Golf Writers Player Award for his all-round contribution to South African golf for 2011.
2011 Sunshine Tour award winners:
- Honourary life membership: Louis Oosthuizen, Trevor Immelmann, Charl Schwartzel
- Rookie of the year: Allan Versfeld
- Stroke average award: Branden Grace
- Golf writers award: George Coetzee
- Sid Brews trophy for Order of Merit: Garth Mulroy
- Players Player of the Year: Jean Hugo
- Big Easy Tour Order of Merit winner: Louis Calitz
- Commissioners award for contribution to SA golf in 2011: Charl Schwartzel