Lifestyle Home Garden is immensely happy to announce that the greatest event on the South African Gardening Calendar – The Lifestyle Garden Design Show 2012 – will open on 11th February.
Since the Garden Design show was first launched in 1997, Lifestyle College’s students have shown that they are equal to the task of bringing the latest trends in garden design to our own backyards – and this year is proving to be no exception, as they bring new, fresh and innovative ideas to the fore, inspiring all those of us who are turning to our under-utilised outdoor spaces and realising their potential.
Gardens are no longer viewed as pretty filler space between the street and the house; now, more than ever, they are spaces with purpose, and home-owners are viewing their gardens as places where they can make a difference. With the shifting economy, the most common local trend has been to renovate an existing landscape. People are planning on staying in their homes for longer durations, so creating a viable master plan is more important than ever.
As we’re all aware, gardening is probably the best blooming antidote to a recession and this year’s five generously sized gardens will once again prove to be an accurate barometer of worldwide styles and inclinations – creating a huge splash with not much cash!
Considering the Lifestyle Design Show comes when it does, at the beginning of the year, it’s an ideal opportunity to showcase what we see as the pertinent considerations and most contemporary concepts when it comes to what’s hot and happening in the green world. From the top colours, to the most desirable wall treatments and ground coverings, the newest of the new in plant varieties, and ideas on how to get the most of your water feature, or how to bring wildlife back to your garden – all this and more will be on show.
So forget all those doomsday predictions about 2012. From the garden world’s perspective, life will continue to be good – with gardeners saving themselves water, hassles and misspent money.
As a leading independent garden centre,LifestyleHomeGardenvalues its consumers, and is always intent on giving them the best ideas at the greatest prices. This is a company where our business is also our passion.
COLLABORATION WITH CHOC.
For the 13th consecutive year, CHOC – The Childhood Cancer Foundation of South Africa – andLifestyleHomeGarden will once again partner together, raising funds from the sale of the portfolio. The full colour portfolio details all the gardens, providing insight into the rationale behind each garden, plant lists and some tips on how you can achieve the same look in your own garden The funds raised from the sale of the portfolio are used to purchase medical supplies, provide transport, upgrade and maintain the CHOC home.
An events program runs in conjunction with the show and has always proved popular with members of the public and this year promises to be no different. There is an exciting line up of talks, demonstrations and events set to inspire us and let us in on some trade secrets!
- Progress of all the show gardens – which are built over a period of 3 weeks – will be on the Lifestyle College Facebook page, and will keep keen gardeners up to date with all the fun and drama as it unfolds. It will also afford visitors insight into copying these design for own garden.
- TheShowGardenswill be featured on The Home Channel’s “Design-a-Garden”, to be on-air from the end of February.
- There’s a new children’s play area, with a children’s roller coaster, and lots of other fun rides for the children. Free pony rides for the younger children.
- Primi Life and Silver Birch restaurants offer sumptuous meals, so anybody coming to see the show can make a day of it, and take their friends to lunch – or just take a load off and enjoy some fantastic coffee.
- Lifestyle has incredible specials which are released on the day the show opens. Grab these specials before they all disappear – Check the press and in store for our colour printed brochures of different specials.
- For all food lovers – come and taste the lovely range of food products at the Lifestyle Gourmet Market, including cheeses, specialty breads, olives and divine chocolate.
Event: Lifestyle Garden Design Show
Date: 11 February to end May 2011
Venue: Lifestyle Home Garden, Beyers Naudé & Ysterhout Ave, Randpark Ridge, Gauteng
Contact: Ursula for more information on (011) 792 5616
Fax: (011) 792 5626
Or log onto www.lifestyle.co.za