In its recent annual survey conducted on the Boland Region, PMR.africa acknowledged Lanzerac Wine Estate in Stellenbosch as one of the top Local Manufacturers of Products, in the category Competitiveness Business Sectors.
The purpose of the survey is:
- to profile the region as a growth point and potential investment area for foreign and local developers and investors;
- to measure companies and institutions on their contribution to the economic growth and development of the region, levels of managerial expertise and implementation of corporate governance;
- to measure companies, institutions and government entities’ competencies;
- to measure brand awareness and
- to measure levels of innovation.
PMR.africa based the ratings on the perceptions of the respondents, and for this purpose the companies and institutions nominated were rated against certain criteria. These included the following:
- companies/institutions that have done most to enhance the economic growth and development of the Boland region over the past 12 months;
- levels of managerial expertise;
- implementation of corporate governance;
- brand awareness and
- levels of innovation.
To ensure fairness the survey was conducted by means of interviews which took place between October and December 2012, allowing large and medium-sized companies, municipalities and provincial government departments within the Boland region to participate. The interviews were conducted telephonically utilising semi-structured questionnaires, and back-checks were conducted at all stages of the fieldwork, response coding, data capture and analysis.
‘This latest accolade represents what Lanzerac is trying to achieve in its entirety, and reinforces our position as one of South Africa’s leading wine brands,’ says Marketing Manager, Adinda Booysen.