Here are some point to consider:
- Apply all the guidelines and outlines for good relationships with your employer and your colleagues.
- Apply all the guidelines for etiquette and professional conduct, including the right dress code.
- Don’t be shy or frightened to ask questions, to ask how things should be done.
- Find out what your job description is.
- Ask for an organogram so that you understand the structure of the company.
- See that you know the policy, procedures and rules.
- Make sure you know the rules and apply them regarding tea and lunch breaks, use of the telephone, starting and closing times and overtime.
- Be well informed on your salary, fringe benefits, tax deductions etc.