The SA Colts XI was named at the end of the Under 19 Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week at Kearsney College in Durban.
The Colts team features only one player to have been capped at this level before, that being Maritzburg College leg spinner Sohail Mahmoud who made the Colts team in Potchefstroom in 2012. The Coke Week’s leading wicket-taker this year, Richard Maree, received a well-earned call up to the side along with Wickus Germishuizen and Daniël Griesel who finished second and third respectively on the run scoring list.
Griquas skipper Gideon Bruwer will lead the side to cap off a wonderful year for the man who played scrumhalf at Craven Week for Griquas.
SA Colts Team 2013:
1. GM Bruwer (Noord-Kaap – Griquas, Captain)
2. Daniël Griesel (HTS Middelburg – Mpumalanga)
3. Wickus Germishuizen (Hugenote – Easterns)
4. Sohail Mahmoud (Maritzburg College – KZN Inland)
5. Mbulelo Mama (St Andrew’s College – Eastern Province)
6. Richard Maree (York High – SWD)
7. Dustin Melton (Pretoria Boys High – Northerns)
8. Paballo Mogoera (HTS Louis Botha – Free State)
9. Rivaldo Moonsamy (St Alban’s College – Northerns)
10. Jason Oakes (Westville Boys High – KZN Coastal)
11. Jay Stevens (Rondebosch Boys High – Western Province)
12th man: Sithembele Langa (Sakhisizwe – Border)