Lanzerac Wine Estate, set in the heart of the Stellenbosch Winelands, has added to its list of offerings with the addition of a new delicatessen which adjoins the recently remodeled and renovated Tasting Room. Not only will visitors be able to sample superb wines, but they can now also indulge in the very best in fresh, artisan produce. Treat your senses to homemade breads, cakes and pastries, prepared daily, or freshly brewed coffee before stocking up on delicious homemade jams, chutneys, preserves and sauces.
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa Executive Chef, Stephen Fraser, ensures that guests are treated to a selection of delectable deli items, where diners can create their own sandwich or platter for lunch from the selection of charcuterie and cheeses on offer. Picnic baskets will also be available to be enjoyed in the Deli’s garden overlooking the vineyards, affording you breathtaking views of the winelands.
The Lanzerac Deli services on offer include:
- Breads, cakes and pastries baked daily;
- Delicious homemade jams, chutneys, preserves and sauces to purchase;
- Aromatic coffees, specialty teas, homemade ice tea and juices;
- Open or closed sandwiches served on Ciabatta, French Baguette, Light Rye, Sour Dough or Seedy Whole-wheat;
- Cheese and charcuterie boards to share;
- Picnic baskets available to be enjoyed in the Deli’s garden overlooking the vineyards;
- Pre-ordering facilities for take-a-way deli items available.
Adjoining the deli is the sophisticated and well-designed Lanzerac Tasting Room which stands proud as a true reflection of the high standard of wines produced on the Estate. Elegantly designed in oak, stone and muted fabrics, the Tasting Room shines as an example of the highest standards that Lanzerac prides itself in.
Overseeing the production of the superb quality of wines that Lanzerac has become well known for is winemaker Wynand Lategan, who together with his team, is passionate about the range of wines within the Lanzerac portfolio which includes the iconic Lanzerac Pinotage, the Alma Mater Rosé, as well as the Heritage Reserve range, Pionier Pinotage, Le Général and Mrs English wines.
The Tasting Room and Deli is open to the public Monday to Saturday (9am to 5:30pm) and Sundays between 9am and 4:30pm. For any queries contact 021 886 5641.