Digital Village is currently rolling out numerous free WIFI hotspots across the Southern Cape area. Each hotspot user will get 150MB of free internet date per day at any of the DV hotspots, and unlimited access to sites like WikiPedia.
The free bandwidth used at these hotspots is being sponsored by Cloud Connect.
The aim is to give at least 20,000 people access to free daily internet. With your help we can make this number much higher.
Digital Village are now inviting community organizations, schools and businesses in the George, Knysna and Mosselbay areas to apply to host a compact Digital Village Free WIFI Hotspot on their premises.
There is a once off fee of R5,500 payable that covers the equipment and installation cost.
Thereafter the hotspot will provide 150MB of free daily internet to every connected user. Once users have used up their daily limit they will be given the opportunity to purchase further data online.
No ADSL line is required, as the internet connectivity is obtained from a rooftop link to an existing repeater. The free WIFI internet usage is being sponsored by Cloud Connect so no monthly costs are required to operate the hotspot.
This is a great opportunity for schools, community centers, restaurants, coffee shops and other locations with a large number of daily visitors to get a community hotspot without incurring expensive monthly fees or having the hassle of selling hotspot vouchers.
Once your application has been received by the Digital Village team it will be evaluated based on your location, potential public benefit, etc.
Successfully submitting your application does not guarantee that a Digital Village Free WIFI hotspot will be installed at your location.
Applications are subject to the following criteria:
• The applicant must cover the once-off equipment and installation cost (R5,500).
• The application is subject to successful line of site access to an existing repeater.
• The applicant must display signage in the venue, indicating that a Digital Village Free WIFI hotspot is available (typically A4 size, to be provided by Digital Village)
• The applicant must provide electricity (standard electrical plug point) for the equipment and must ensure that it is kept switched on permanently.
• The agreement is renewable annually.To submit your application online go to http://www.digitalvillage.co.za/apply