Getting back to basics! This is the food trend for 2014. Experience these and more at this year’s Cook Franschhoek, 13 to 15 June.
A feast for the senses and growing in popularity, this annual event is perfect for all foodies. Whether you’re just starting out or have been cooking for years, there is something for everyone. The interactive and exclusive hands on demo kitchens will be focusing on the following themes:
- Locally produced (direct from farm to table)
- Artisanal bakeries (includes gluten free)
- Smoked meats (including charcuterie)
- Cooking over a fire (how to cook in a Weber, green eggs and rotisseries)
- Pickling, fermenting and preserving
- ‘Locavores’ (basically eating only what is locally produced within a certain radius)
Most of the demonstrations include a beautifully prepared and paired meal with a Franschhoek wine. This is the perfect opportunity to interact with the chefs and winemakers as well as master the art of intricate dishes. The groups are kept small to allow for one on one interaction.
Booking for all demonstrations is essential and can be done via www.webtickets.co.za.
For a detailed programme on Cook Franschhoek visit www.cookfranschhoek.co.za or contact the Franschhoek Wine Valley offices on 021 876 2861. Follow us on Twitter at @Franschhoek_SA for regular updates.