New Proactive Anti-Theft Detects Potentially Dangerous Situations for the Android Device
ESET Southern Africa the leader in proactive digital protection, today announced its newest version of ESET Mobile Security, which arms Android users with proactive Anti-Theft features to track lost or stolen mobile devices, through an easy-to-use web interface at my.eset.com. While the basic protection is free for a lifetime, it’s up to users to decide if they want to subscribe and benefit from Premium features.
Proactive Anti-Theft detects potentially dangerous situations and takes preventative steps to ease the localisation of stolen or lost device. The new functionality for Premium users sends the last location of the device when the battery hits critical level, takes snapshots from front and back camera when the wrong PIN/pattern is entered or an unauthorized SIM change is detected. All data on the device is accessible via the my.eset.com web interface.
ESET Mobile Security provides a set of strong security features improving the Android experience without worrying about cyber threats and comes in free and premium versions. The free version of the application provides basic protection including full device scan, scan of downloaded applications items and basic Anti-Theft functionalities. All Premium features are unlocked after activating of 30-day trial or buying the license. In the premium version users will find Scheduled scanning, On-Charger scan, advanced Proactive Anti-Theft functionalities, including my.eset.comintegration, SMS&Call filter and Security Audit.
New Proactive Anti-Theft and My.eset.com Features:
- Integration with my.eset.com web interface for Android devices and Windows notebooks protected by ESET Smart Security
- SIM Matching – Receive remote commands even if an unauthorized SIM card is inserted.
- Location Tracking – Online management of Anti-Theft. Mark a device as missing on my.eset.com. The location of the device is displayed on a map in real-time so that the user can quickly pinpoint the device’s whereabouts.
- Suspicious state – Autonomous preventive action after a wrong PIN/pattern is entered or unauthorized SIM change detected
- Camera Snapshots – If the device is marked missing, snapshots are automatically and regularly sent from the phone’s front and back camera to my.eset.com to help identify its location.
- On Screen Message – Customizable message to potential device finder
- Low Battery – If the device hits critical battery level, the current position is sent to my.eset.com
- User IP Address Details – Listing of IP addresses that the device was connected to if marked as missing
ESET is a global provider of security software for enterprises and consumers and is dedicated to delivering instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET’s products rank among the world’s most advanced security solutions, proven by multiple prestigious awards. ESET NOD32 Antivirus consistently achieves the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing, and is the heart of the virus and spyware detection in ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, anti-spam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and an extremely small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base, allowing faster scanning that doesn’t slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 160 countries, ESET has worldwide production headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia and worldwide distribution headquarters in San Diego, California. The ESET Southern Africa head office is situated in Cape Town. www.eset.co.za