In order to broaden the player base and enhance the cricket structures in the province the establishment and annual running of a provincial cricket academy was introduced in 2010. The focus is on elite cricketers and the time frame for the academy is between March and September annually. The academy will be based in Oudtshoorn.
The determined age restriction is school leavers to the age of 23 years but exceptions may be made on recommendation by the selection panel. A maximum number of fourteen cricketers will be selected for the intake. Applicants must have played representative senior provincial, provincial schools and/or been part of a provincial high performance programme (eg. SWD Emerging Squad)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE FOLLOWING:
• Copy of ID
• Two reference’s from past coaches
• Complete the attached forms and questionnaire
• Your complete 2012/ 2013/ 2014 school stats including matches, number of innings, runs scored, 100’s, 50’s, not outs, averages, wickets taken, 5 wicket hauls, 3 wicket hauls, average, strike rate, economy rate.
The SWD Cricket Board will co-ordinate and cater for board and lodging in Oudtshoorn when necessary during the period of the academy for the following:
o Net and middle practices
o Matches and festivals
o Coaching clinics
o Coaching sessions with development / high performance programmes
o Cricket related courses
o General life skills programme
Academy members will be required to sign a memorandum of agreement and the academy member agrees to obey the general rules and regulations as set down by the respective institutions where they reside.
Academy members are encouraged to study during 2015 and provision is made for members studying a diploma/degree.
The programme will include
• Player assessments
• Orientation/team building events
• Conditioning assessments and programme
• General cricket skills – batting, bowling, wicket-keeping, fielding and leadership
• Monthly fitness evaluations
• Player evaluations
• Life skills and cricket courses
• Friendly matches/tour (Fort Hare, EP and Border)
• Academy week fixtures
• Opportunity to qualify as a Level 1 Coach, Level D Umpire, and Level C Scorer
Applicants must forward a CV to the office (at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or 044-272 6294 – fax) of the SWD Cricket Board by no later than Friday, 24 October 2014.
For any queries please contact Andre Du Plessis on 072 591 9637 or email email@example.com.
Andre Du Plessis
South Western Districts Cricket Academy Coach