TABLE MOUNTAIN BLUES SUMMIT 2014
6 & 7 December, Hillcrest Quarry, Durbanville.
“Blues is a natural fact, it is something that a fellow lives.” Big Bill Broonzy.
South Africa’s Premier Blues Music Festival returns to Hillcrest Quarry in Durbanville, Cape Town on the 6th and 7th of December 2014. Hosting 20 of the country’s top Blues Rock Artists over 2 days, the 2014 concert is proudly presented and brought to you by local main sponsor COMBUSTION TECHNOLOGY and also with great sponsor support by PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC and FENDER SA.
So friends and fans, all you need is a ticket and them’ blue suede shoes (whether real or imaginary) to come and enjoy the finest music making by the following phenomenal local artists:
Dan Patlansky, Albert Frost Trio, Boulevard Blues, The Blues Broers, Gerald Clark and the Deadmen, Pebbleman, Ann Jangle, Dave Ferguson, Mean Black Mamba, Natasha Meister, Crimson House, Basson Loubscher & Violent Free Piece, The Wayne Pauli Trio, Patrick Canovi’s ‘Kiss the Sky’, Piet Botha and Akkedis, The Parlor Vinyls, Charlie King Band, Nhoza Sitsholwana, Riaan & Nick, Fake Leather Blues Band and Sven Blumer.
This year the Blues Summit rocks on a Saturday and a Sunday. Organizer Richard Pryor says: “Ain’t the Blues just too good on a Sunday? We moved the Friday night to a Sunday so that it is easier to bring your whole family for an awesome day out.”
The Fenber ‘Your Most Blues Face Selfie’ Competition: Take a selfie of yourself having the Blues and stand a chance to win a Fender Electric Guitar and R500 cash. Send your name, contact details and selfie to email@example.com or post your pic to www.facebook.com/BluesSummit and share the poster on FB timeline. Competition closes 31 October.
What you can look forward to on the Blues Menu for the Summit:
- 20 top Bands over 2 days.
- Top class quality 30000 watt outdoor sound rig! The best rig ever !!!
- Huge Lighting and a huge LED screen.
- Hillcrest Quarry is one of the finest outdoor venues in SA
- Vibrant food and refreshment stalls and plenty of outside bars
- Plenty of free and secure off street parking
- Fender Guitar Giveaway and the Combustion Technology Cash Prizes R1500
- Free entrance for children under 10 (must present some form of ID)
- Limited camping tickets for sale on Computicket (Camping costs R150 -separate to festival ticket)
Phone and book at Computicket on 0861 9158000 or visit
www.computicket.com for your piece of the Blues Rock action: Tickets R200 – R340.
Make sure you land at Hillcrest Quarry on the 6th and 7th of December and we’ll give you a musical thrill that’s going to groove your Soul and move your Body!