The media launch for the Durbanville Twelve Sauvignon Blanc was held on 8 October at Phesantekraal – one of the farms participating in this year’s Season of Sauvignon festival. Attendees of the launch were the first to taste the 2014 Durbanville Twelve wine.
Earlier on this year various participants were able to assist in picking grapes from the 12 Durbanville wine farms and each one of these farms contributed a ton of grapes to produce the wine – suitably called “Durbanville Twelve” Sauvignon Blanc.
The wine will be launched at the Season of Sauvignon festival, held 25 & 26 October 2014 at the 12 wine farms partaking: Altydgedacht, Bloemendal, D’Aria, De Grendel, Diemersdal, Durbanville Hills, Hillcrest, Klein Roosboom, Meerendal, Nitida, Phizante Kraal and Signal Gun.
Not only did media representatives taste the wine but there were also a lovely array of canapés served from various farms and paired up with Sauvignon Blanc’s from each farm.
The food stations were allocated throughout the restaurant (old cow shed).
Durbanville Twelve was served as a welcoming drink that accompanied an Oyster Bar with 3 condiments (Spiced remoulade, Lemons and Shallot Mignotte).
Food stations inside the old cow shed at Groot Phesantekraal farm consisted of:
- Umami inspired pork belly & crispy vegetable salad, paired with Sauvignon Blanc from Durbanville Hills, De Grendal and Hillcrest.
- Chevre and boerenkaas cheese table, the two cheeses that are best suited to enjoy with Sauvignon Blanc. Grilled pineapple, melon, fresh apple and guava were all on display to showcase the different aromas in the wines. Sauvignon Blanc’s served were Nitida, Bloemendal & Signal Gun.
- Eland chilli tomato pot with rooster koek served with Klein Roosboom and Phizante Kraal Sauvignon Blanc.
- Mussel pot with peppers, white wine and fresh steamed black mussels. Sauvignon Blanc’s served were from D’Aria and Meerendal.
Dessert station set up in the 1767 hen house building:
- Passion fruit and vanilla pod panna cotta with dried guava, cheesecake deserts with dried apple and fresh grapefruit zest. Sauvignon Blanc from Diemersdal and Altydgedacht were served.
The media event was a great success and we are all looking forward to the Season of Sauvignon festival.
Johanita Kleingeld – (o) 021 801 4563 (e) email@example.com
Nadia Pretorius – (o) 021 801 4563 / (e) firstname.lastname@example.org