Prime Circle opens its ‘doors’ this summer
Super-tuned and fighting fit after their extensive European tour, Prime Circle are back in South Africa to rock the coast this festive season – with a series of concerts culminating in a performance at the Kirstenbosch Gardens in January.
Prime Circle recently returned from criss-crossing Europe and the UK on their Let the Night In international tour to promote their sixth studio album of the same name. Their schedule included dates in Italy, Slovenia, Austria, England, Belgium and Germany and London.
The band has also just released the official video for the track Doors, the second single from Let the Night In – which has already sparked an enthusiastic buzz on social media networks.
Directed by Ryan Kruger and featuring local actors such as Brandon Auret, Grant Swanby and Graham Clarke as well as an “out-of-this-world performance by Prime Circle, this four-minute featurette envisages a manned South African space mission to Mars. With high production values and a storyline that weaves in conspiracy theories, the music video for Doors been hailed as one of the band’s best to date.
Prime Circle’s month-long year-end tour will kick off at the Nelson Mandela Legacy Cup on 5 December before winding its way down the coast, snaking through the Eastern Cape, the Garden Route and the Western Cape, including the winelands. They will wrap up the summer holidays with a celebratory bang with a picnic concert in the picturesque setting of the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden on 4 January 2015.
The band’s December tour itinerary includes what promises to be a hole-in-one performance at the idyllic Fancourt golf estate in George on Friday, 21 December 2014. Prime Circle will be joined at this memorable concert by Gangs of Ballet and The Parlotones frontman Kahn Morbee.
This December will be extra-festive for Prime Circle, because one of South Africa’s hardest working, most successful and most enduring rock bands is turning 14 on 13 December 2014… providing ample excuse to party their way into 2015!
Prime Circle’s festive season concert itinerary:
- Friday, 5 December 2014 – Nelson Mandela Legacy Cup (Bidvest Wanderers Stadium)
- Friday, 5 December 2014 – Alberton Day (Alberton Rugby Sports Grounds)
- Sunday, 14 December 2014 – KwaZulu-Natal Midlands Experience International Arts Festival (Midmar Dam)
- Tuesday, 16 December 2014 – Prime Circle birthday bash (Rand Airport)
- Saturday, 20 December 2014 – The Reunion Party (McArthur’s Pool, Beach Road, Humewood, Port Elizabeth)
- Sunday, 21 December 2014 – Let the Night In picnic concert (Old Golf Academy at Fancourt, George)
- Saturday, 27 December 2014 – Artist in Residence session (African Pride 15 on Orange restaurant, Gardens, Cape Town)
- Tuesday, 30 December 2014 – Electric Vines Music Festival (Arabella wine estate, Robertson)
- Wednesday, 31 December 2014 – Save The Rhino New Year’s Eve Bash(Zonnekus Premier & Events Venue, Cape Town)
- Sunday, 4 January 2015 – Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concert (Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, Cape Town)
Prime Circle are: Ross Learmonth (guitar and vocals); Marco Gomes (bass); Dale Schnettler (drums); Neil Breytenbach (keyboards) and Dirk Bisschoff (guitar)
Book for the events at the various venues, or check out the following platforms for more information.
Check out iTunes to download Prime Circle’s latest album, Let the Night In