- 29 Jan – Top Gear 5km and 10km
- 29 Jan – Rainbow AC 2 Hour Track and Field Meeting – CANCELLED
- 30 Jan – Thembalethu Fun Run 4.5km
- 30 Jan – Provisional team selection for the SA 10km Championships – selected athletes needs to participate at the Diaz 10km event for final inclusion onto the ASWD team.
- 31 Jan – Take note: Diaz event moved to 7 Feb 2015
- 7 Feb – Diaz 10km (ASWD Champs) and 42.2km
- 11 Feb – McDonalds 10km – CANCELLED
- 13 Feb – Daredevil 5km Fun Run (Men Only)
- 21 Feb – Outeniqua Wheelchair Challenge
- 28 Feb – Cango 21.1km (ASWD Trial 2 & League Event) and 42.2km (Entries closes 14 Feb)
- 28 Feb – SA 10km Championships (Pretoria)
I would like to take this opportunity to remind clubs of the 2015 Road Running League competition.
Our aim is to encourage participation and support in greater numbers. +/- R20,000 up for grabs in the following categories – individual / team / clubs.
- 6 Feb – Hope Church 3km, 5km and 10km Trail Run
- 28 Feb – Hops 1km, 5km and 10km Trail Run
Track and Field:
- 7 Feb – ASWD Talent ID Track and Field Meeting – take note of time and venue change = Olympia School, Pacaltsdorp
- 12 Feb – Coastline 2 hour Track and Field Meeting
- 14 Feb – ASWD Road Running Workshop for Event Organizers (Entries closes on 31 Jan)
- 14 Feb – ASWD Race Walking Judges Course (Entries closes on 31 Jan)
I would like to encourage all clubs and event organizers to attend the Road Running Workshop.
We have loads of changes, updates and upgrades on various parts of event organization.
Please don’t miss this opportunity to lift your events to the next level of excellence.
- Clubs News – please forward me your news and photographs and I will upload it onto our Facebook page.
- We are receiving a lot of Fixture List 2015 changes – please take note that once approved, we can update the ASWD Fixture List and then promote it on our ‘What’s happening’, Website and Facebook Page. BUT it remains the clubs responsibility to market the event (and its changes) to their various athlete databases, websites, media and other marketing platforms. Changes are not ideal and we cannot ensure that all athletes receive the updates. It could (in my opinion) have an effect on participation numbers. See attached (7 Feb, 11 Mar, 20 June and 10 Oct)
- ASA License Forms 2015 – please make sure that all forms are captured on the ASA Online System and also sent to the ASWD. Not forms = NO RESULTS