The Labour Guide DVD entitled How to Deal with Retrenchments is now available.
This educational DVD in high definition (HD) will guide viewers through the difficult and unpleasant retrenchment procedure; it is suitable for both employers and employees.
The DVD should assist both parties to understand the process as well as the reasons for the retrenchment.
The DVD is applicable to both small- and large-scale retrenchments and, amongst other things, it:
- Highlights the fact that a retrenchment due to operational requirements differs from the other two types of dismissals, as they are “no fault” dismissals.
- Underlines the difficult decisions that management has to take.
- Shows empathy towards affected employees and emphasizes the importance of communication and the purpose of the consultation process.
- Deals with the reasons for the dismissals, consensus-seeking process, alternatives raised by the affected employees, the written notice and possible alternative employment.
How to Deal with Retrenchments combines reality with humour and makes use of special effects that raise the bar in terms of quality in educational products.
By following the guidelines, employers should be able to adhere to procedural as well as substantive fairness.
The DVD also deals with the calculation of severance pay.
What makes our DVD different?
We made use of one of the best producers in South Africa.
To simulate real-life scenarios, we chose to make use of professional actors in an actual working environment.
To compliment the DVD as a source of reference, a 75-page A5 guide accompanies it. The guide can be used in conjunction with the DVD.
As we are committed to excellent customer service, we will provide you with online support.
Online support is available by using the dedicated email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
The duration of the DVD, which includes a 7-minute summary, is 27 minutes and 50 seconds.
We make use of a hand-to-hand courier. This service is at no additional cost to the client.
Clients may order the DVD by using our online order form, or by downloading the form and then faxing it to us.
- R 2990-00 per DVD
- The price includes VAT, a hand-to-hand courier service, and support as indicated. To compliment the DVD as a source of reference, a 75-page A5 guide accompanies it. The guide can be used in conjunction with the DVD.
- Please allow 5 working days for hand-to-hand delivery (included).
For more information, please contact
Hanlie or Peraldo at (012) 661 3208 or contact email@example.com