Channel 175 on DStv – 12th March, 21h00
Tune in to Food Network, DStv Channel 175, on Thursday, 12th March at 21h00, for the first episode of Siba’s Table Fast Feasts.
In “Weekday Wonderful” Siba’s is conjuring up an entire fast weekday feast with a middle eastern vibe.
She’s rustling up incredible lemony chicken kebabs, exotic harissa tabblouleh and two fabulous dips, baba ganoush and roasted red pepper hummus both made with lots of shortcuts.
There’s even time for a stunning, speedy dessert, luscious labneh with berries.
A perfect feast for when you’re against the clock.
For any of the drool-worthy recipes from the first episode, visit the Food Network SA website, or contact me directly.
Siba is too happy to share the love, so please let me know if you would like to schedule an interview (or Q&A) with the Gorgeous Food Network host.
“If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for a few minutes to prevent them from burning
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8–10 minutes
4 skinless, chicken fillets, cubed
4 teaspoon za’atar
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 lemons, sliced
2 lemons to halve for garnish
8 bought mini pitas
Flat leaf parsley, a bunch
- Wrap the pitas in foil and put into 200 degree oven for 10 minutes to warm
- Combine the za’atar, garlic and olive oil and pour over the chicken. Toss to combine
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers, with a folded slice of lemon in between each piece. Each breast makes two so 8 kebabs
- Heat griddle and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes, 3-4 minutes on each side – rotating and pressing down the skewers to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and put on a platter – if you are not using straight away, cover with foil. Garnish with halved lemons and a bunch of parsley.