The Western Cape Archives and Records Service will celebrate National Archives Week in the Western Cape from 11 to 15 May 2015. The following activities offer opportunities for everyone to either visit the archives in Cape Town or to participate in the regional outreach programmes:
- The programme in Cape Town will run every day from 11-15 May from 09:00-15:00 at 72 Roeland Street, Cape Town. Activities will include guided tours of the historic building, presentations and exhibitions. Group visits may be arranged with Mdawe@westerncape.gov.za / Tel: 021 483 0424.
- A free workshop on researching family history will take place on 12 May from 09:00-12:00 at 72 Roeland Street, Cape Town. Booking is essential with VanderMerwe@westerncape.gov.za / Tel: 021 483 0417.
- The regional outreach programmes are scheduled for:
- 12 May 2015 at the Mimosa Library, Meyer Street, Rutdene, Beaufort West;
- 13 May 2015 at the George Main Library, Corner York and Caledon Street, George;
- 14 May at the Bartolomeu Dias Museum, 1 Market Street, Mossel Bay; and
- 15 May at the Ian Toerien Road Victoria Hall, Caledon.
The Western Cape Archives and Records Services invites the public to participate and learn about the importance of preserving our documented memory and its impact on our daily lives.