Entries for the 2015 Competition are invited.
The objective of the Skryf Net writing competition is to seek out, encourage, recognize and generally worship creative writing excellence among primary school pupils in South Africa. We work hard to encourage entries from around South Africa from all types of primary schools and home schoolers. We also seek to bring the writing we recognize to as many people as possible, giving the whole South African society the chance to view and learn from the outstanding creativity and craftsmanship of our winners.
RULES FOR THE CHILDREN’S SHORT STORY COMPETITION
Entry is open to any South African primary and home school pupil up to 13 years old. There are two age categories: 6-9 year olds and the 10-13 year olds. Stories should be original and unpublished work of that writer. The story can be on any subject but not exceed 1,000 words. Entries can be typed in double spacing on one side of A4 paper with all pages showing the title of the story and your name. Hand written entries should be clear and legible. You may enter one story per entrant written either in: Afrikaans; English; Sotho or Zulu language.
If you enter, aside from the awe and reverence of your teachers and fellow school friends, you are a contender to win the following: R450 book voucher for the winner and R150 for the runner up in each language category.
30 June 2015
Written work may be edited by the adults for spelling mistakes only. Authors should be able to read their work. The winners may be asked to read their story live or in front of an audience.
All finalists will receive an official letter or email of notification and may be requested for an interview to read their work to be used in the award ceremony by mid-September 2015.
Entries should be posted to the following address: Skryf Net writing Competition, P.O. Box 82046; Southdale; 2135. Entries may be also emailed to SkryfNetcompetition@gmail.com.
Entries should include the author’s contact details including parents’ or guardian telephone number.
+44 1332 835207 (H) +44 1332 835207 (Fax)
- All entries become the property of the Skryf Net Competition and will not be returned.
- The entrant grants permission to show, duplicate or publicise entries as Skryf Net deem appropriate.
- If any network, cable or local broadcast station agrees to air an entry on the news or any other program relating to the Skryf Net writing competition, Skryf Net will first obtain permission to broadcast from the entrant, who must then agree to obtain any permissions or clearances and to absorb talent or other residual charges incurred by the inclusion of their entry in the program, as required.
- In order to promote Skryf Net writing competition, each entrant authorizes the writing competition organiser to screen, publish or put online the award show entries and winners.
- The Skryf Net writing competition organizer may make copies of the entries for online publishing or live broadcast. This copy would be sold/rented/shown for educational and reference purposes only, and purchasers would agree not to duplicate, sell or broadcast any portion of it.
- The Skryf Net writing competition organizer and the judges shall not be held liable for loss of any entry, for any reason whatsoever.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Privacy, Security and your information
We generally only collect personal information for this competition when it is provided voluntarily by you. We will not share your personal information with any other third party without your express permission.
To protect your privacy throughout the assessment process we will not provide any information whatsoever about your entry to anyone other than the primary and secondary entrant contacts as specified on the official entry form. The primary contact must be authorized adjudicators of the organisation entering the competition.
We do not publish the names of entrants that have not been selected for an award, nor will we disclose or reproduce any information from your entry. Therefore if you enter the writing competition, but are not successful, this will remain confidential.