There are several benefits of being emotionally intelligent:
- You gain emotional awareness that enables you to recognize your own feelings. You know the difference between feelings and behaviour and what their origin is.
- It is possible for you to find a balance between expressing and controlling feelings.
- There is a balance between your thoughts and feelings.
- You realize that you are responsible for your own feelings.
- You have empathy with the feelings of others and can understand them.
- Your improved communication skills give rise to healthier relationships with others.
- You have the skills to assert yourself. You provide for fulfilling your needs without intruding into the right of others.
- It is possible for you to formulate goals that make your life interesting and make you more effective.
- Emotional baggage can be left behind while your increasing energy makes it possible for the “new you” to strive towards new ideals.