Neil Walsh-Tucker, professional golfer at Fancourt in George, is thrilled to have been recognised with the Southern and Eastern Cape PGA Professional of the Year Award.
Walsh-Tucker has dedicated himself to Fancourt for the last 13 years, rising steadily through the ranks at this award-winning golf estate, his hard work and perseverance finally paying off in 2011 when he was promoted to Director of Golf for Montagu and Outeniqua. That same year he was also elected onto the PGA Committee for the Southern and Eastern Cape, a position he still holds to this today. Walsh-Tucker is an AAA-rated PGA Professional (originally qualifying with the PGA in 2007), who is also an integral member of the Strategic Planning, Employment Equity, Job Grading and Golf Committees at Fancourt.
In August this year, Walsh-Tucker sailed to victory at the Kingswood Pro Am in what would be his first win on the Southern and Eastern Cape Club Pro circuit. General Manager at Fancourt Lloyd Martindale says, ‘The staff at Fancourt have always been of the utmost importance to us and we continuously encourage their growth through hard work, commitment and dedication. We couldn’t be more proud of Neil.’
- Fancourt is a global landmark for business, leisure and golfing travel but its gradual expansion can be traced back to the establishment of the Manor House by its first custodian, Henry Fancourt White in the late 1880’s. The estate was transformed into a hotel and golfing destination in 1989.
- Today Fancourt is owned Dr and Mrs Plattner, with award-winning golf courses and unparalleled service offerings, against the backdrop of the ever-present Outeniqua mountain range.
- Fancourt has three 18-hole golf courses (Montagu, Outeniqua and The Links) situated on the resort and all ranked in the Top 20 in South Africa. The Links is currently No. 1 in South Africa (Golf Digest Rankings 2014/15) and was ranked 34th in the world in 2014 by Golf Digest USA.
- The resort has two accommodation offerings:
- Fancourt Hotel – 5 star hotel with 115 rooms
- The Manor House – a 5 star boutique hotel with eighteen suites all offering personalized, butler-style service.
- Fancourt is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
Fancourt CSR projects include:
- George Child and family welfare society provides a centre of care for abused, neglected and abandoned children. It was in 2000 that Fancourt and Sabine Plattner African Charities stepped in to offer much-needed funds for the running of GCFW and today, it is one of the most successful non-profit organisations in the country.
- Fancourt is located in George, part of the captivating Garden Route region in the Western Cape of South Africa. It stretches for 400 km along large expanses of panoramic Indian Ocean beaches, with breathtakingly beautiful mountain ranges and natural forests. The Garden Route was voted the sixth best coastal drive in the world by Virtual Tourist. For non-golfers the region’s diverse offering include ocean sailing, horse polo, wine estates, mountain biking and hiking – the famous otter trail route, beautiful indigenous and protected forests, and breath taking Indian ocean beaches with an abundance of sunshine. There are organic food markets, craft villages, big 5 safari experiences, ocean and forest adventure activities, world class hiking and mountain biking trails and the world’s highest bridge bungee jump. The Garden Route is the world’s best-kept natural secret and Fancourt is the perfect place to start your adventure.
Social Media handles include:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fancourt.SA
- Twitter: @Fancourtsa
- Instagram: Fancourtsa