Summer’s here with a vengeance this year and Hilda’s Kitchen is thinking long, lazy lunches under the Cork Oak tree or in the sweet coolness of the Manor House where the thick walls and expansive rooms provide much-needed relief from the sweltering heat.
Pay us a visit and we’ll make summer all about sunshine and smiles. Bring the kids to play on the jungle gym or visit the bird hide. Enjoy a complimentary wine tasting at the cellar. Go for a nature walk or a farm drive through the private game camp and vineyards before lunch, but please do give us a call beforehand to make the required bookings. Also, look out for the herb and veggie garden as we’re growing all our own aubergines, spinach, kale, onions, celery and beetroot.
Relax at Hilda’s Kitchen with a glass of crisp Groote Post Sauvignon Blanc or perhaps Groote Post’s refreshing Brut Rosé bubbly while you make your selections from the menu. Our seasonal menu, created by Debbie McLaughlin, uses locally sourced produce and the freshest veggies and herbs from our own garden. If you bring the kids through before lunch begins, they’re welcome to join Debbie to pick the veggies for that day’s lunch.
The menu changes daily, but here are some of the tempting new dishes on the summer menu, with suggested wine pairings:
- Watermelon, feta and pumpkin seed salad – Groote Post Chenin Blanc
- Kale, chorizo and peppadew tart – Groote Post Unwooded Chardonnay
- Panko crusted potato cakes with oven roasted salmon and a green Goddess dressing – Groote Post Kapokberg Sauvignon Blanc
- Roast chicken with roast peppers and sweet basil – Groote Post Kapokberg Pinot Noir
- Slow roast pork belly on Asian inspired peach salad – Groote Post Kapokberg Chardonnay
And there is always, at least, one ‘kiddie’s meal’ on the menu.
Our selection of delicious desserts includes:
- Plum tart with nectarine ice cream
- Rosewater meringues with Turkish delight cream
- Peach Melba tart with homemade vanilla ice cream
So take a break, round up the family and head up the West Coast for a day to remember. Only an hour’s drive from Cape Town, the historic Groote Post farm presents a rustic and rural atmosphere with undulating hills, vast open spaces and warm country hospitality.
|Hilda’s Kitchen||Open for lunch Wednesday to Sunday (Booking essential)
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
|Wine-tasting and sales||Open Monday to Friday: 08h00 – 17h00
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10h00 – 16h00
|Farm Drives||Monday to Sunday starting at 10h00
Bookings must be made 48 hours in advance
Cost: R170 per adult and R75 for children under 12
Minimum number 6 and maximum number 10 people
|Contact||Tel: 022 492 2825 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|