It is our pleasure to announce that the next McGregor Poetry Festival will take place from the 26 to 28th of August 2016.
Poets (International and local, published and unpublished) who would like to be considered for participation are invited to submit a proposal for our consideration. We are particularly looking for presentations that are original and creative to enhance our programme and entertain our audiences.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Describe your presentation in approximately 50 words and include a short title
- Ensure that your presentation is between 30 to 40 minutes duration
- Your presentation may be in English or Afrikaans, or bilingual. We are also open to welcoming poets performing in the other official South African languages as well but our audiences at this stage are predominantly Afrikaans and English speaking
- Be innovative and creative and feel free to collaborate with fellow poets and present a combined performance, discussion, interview etc
- Include a short biography of yourself plus any links to websites, publications etc
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org / posted to PO Box 361, McGregor 6708 / faxed to 086 756 0864 / hand delivered to Temenos Retreat Office, corner Bree and Voortrekker Streets, McGregor
- Enquiries: Jennifer Johnson 023 625 1908 / 084 675 1164
- Closing date: 30 April 2016
- If you have not heard from us by 20 May 2016, this will mean that your proposal to be included in our main programme was unsuccessful but you are more than welcome to participate in one of the Open Mic sessions that will be included in the festival programme
- Please note that you must arrange your own transport to McGregor and secure your own accommodation. We have a wide range of accommodation on offer in our village and we will gladly assist you with queries