We bid farewell to the General Manager of the Garden Route National Park (GRNP), Jill Bunding-Venter who has accepted a position to head up Strategy in Pretoria. She will be based in Groenkloof (SANParks Head Office) as from the 01st July 2016. We wish her all the best in her new venture and know she will provide the necessary support and leadership she provided in the GRNP.
We also bid farewell to Area Manager of Tsitsikamma, Lesley-Ann Meyer who will be moving to the Table Mountain National Park as Park Manager.
New additions to the GRNP management team
- Park Manager (Garden Route National Park) is Paddy Gordon who was formerly the Park Manager of the Table Mountain National Park
- New Area Manager for Tsitsikamma is Bulelwa Msengi who was formerly Park Manager for Agulhas National Park
- Area Manager for Knysna is Johan de Klerk
- Area Manager for Wilderness is Sandra Taljaard
- Manager Planning: Len du Plessis
- Manager Business Development: Andile Namntu
- Manager People & Conservation: Elzette Bester
- Manager Communications: Nandi Mgwadlamba
- Manager Cross-marketing (Frontier Region Eastern Cape Parks & Garden Route): Henriette Engelbrecht
- Manager Finance: Derec Giles
SANParks will be merging the Garden Route Region (Wilderness, Knysna and Tsitsikamma) with the Frontier Region (Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra). The General Manager is Dries Engelbrecht.
Scientific Services will now be headed up by Dr. Stefanie Freitag, with Dr. Ian Russel (Aquatic) and Dr. Wessel Vermeulen (terrestrial).
A huge thanks to both Jill and Lesley-Ann for their efficient service to the Region and SANParks. We welcome Dries, Stefanie, Paddy and Bulelwa to the GRNP family.