Jill, a mother, a manager, a colleague, a friend, somebody that you can always rely on.
Jill is known for her strict rules and procedures… one thing that the entire GARDEN ROUTE NATIONAL PARK learned from Jill; is the importance of being on time for meetings, She is always pushing you towards your goals and she is always over thinking every little thing.
The first time we met Jill was in wilderness NP, there I realised… Hier le werk, loop lig; but as usual one is always wondering what the new boss is like, can you approach her, can you great her (will she greet back) Jill made a promise that first day… the promise was, I WILL SEE TO IT THAT ALL OF YOU WILL BECOME SENIOR MANAGERS; for this we are thanking you from the bottom of our hearts, YES YOU HAVE INDEED MADE A DIFFERENCE IN A LOT OF PEOPLES LIVES IN THE GRNP.
Jill is the kind of manager that upon approaching will give you goose bumps…. but then the smile will come on and you become weak and realise… Nou moet ek praat.
Jill is also very fond of her quotes, and today we want to put you on the road with the following quotes:
- FEAR-Forget everything and run OR Face everything and rise.(you have indeed faced a lot of challenges and never gave up on staff nor yourself)
- Do not limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
- When you feel like you cannot go another step, That’s when YOU GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU’VE GOT!
- STRENGTH-A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but its persistence (you have drilled through allot of rocks in the GRNP and they are still standing tall and proud of the support you have given them.)
- No matter the situation, never let your emotions overpower your intelligence. TAF opening of the MPA in 2015.
- She is clothed with strength & dignity and laughs without fear of the future (Proverbs 31:25)
JILL. YOU ARE AN AMAZING BOSS, FRIEND, MOTHER AND AN EXCEPTIONAL HUMAN BEING; I WILL MISS YOU, GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW VACANCY… MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS.