The Wolftrap Steakhouse Championships 2016 saw 115 steakhouses competing to win the crown and become South Africa’s Steakhouse Champion for 2016.
The public battled it out by voting, via Facebook and SMS, and their favourite Twenty Steakhouses went to the judges’ round – and ultimately it was The Local Grill in Parktown North that claimed top honours for the third time in four years.
For the winner the spoils: the ultimate bragging rights of being the Champion for a year, and also a full year’s supply of The Wolftrap wine.
The 2016 Top Eight Steakhouses including the Winner and Runner-Up were announced at a steak feast hosted by last year’s winner, Little Havana in Umhlanga Rocks, on Tuesday 21st June. Martin Lombaard, owner-patron of Little Havana, and his dedicated and passionate team pulled out all the stops at the luncheon, treating the guests to a 4-course lunch, served with The Wolftrap wine.
The Winning Steakhouses for 2016 are:
- Winner: The Local Grill, Parktown North, Johannesburg – Gauteng (2013, 2014 and 2016 Champion)
- Runner-Up: Little Havana, Umhlanga Rocks – KwaZulu Natal (2015 Champion)
- 3rd place: The Godfather, Centurion, Pretoria – Gauteng
- 4th place: Longhorn Grill, Bloemfontein – Free State
- 5th place: Havana Grill, Durban – KwaZulu Natal
- 6th place: The Cricketer, East London – Eastern Cape
- 7th place: The Grumpy Griller, George – Southern Cape
- 8th place: Cattle Baron, Mossel Bay – Southern Cape