South Africa’s Branden Grace has rejoined the world’s golfing elite in the top 10 world rankings after an impressive showing at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol at the weekend.
Jimmy Walker jumped up 33 places in the world golf rankings on Monday thanks to his tense PGA Championship victory over Jason Day at Baltusrol.
The 37-year-old American has moved back into the top 20 for the first time since last October at number 15, after holding his nerve with a par at the last to win by one shot on Sunday.
Australia’s world number one Day strengthens his position at the top of the rankings, despite seeing his stunning eagle on the 72nd hole not prove enough to successfully defend the title.
South African Branden Grace put together an exciting charge into contention in the PGA, and he is rewarded with a return to the world’s top 10.
World golf top 20 on August 1:
1. Jason Day (AUS) 14.08 average pts
2. Dustin Johnson (USA) 11.30
3. Jordan Spieth (USA) 10.67
4. Rory McIlroy (NIR) 9.02
5. Henrik Stenson (SWE) 8.95
6. Bubba Watson (USA) 6.86
7. Rickie Fowler (USA) 6.40
8. Adam Scott (AUS) 6.37
9. Danny Willett (ENG) 5.96
10. Branden Grace (RSA) 5.64 (+2)
11. Sergio Garcia (ESP) 5.42 (-1)
12. Justin Rose (ENG) 5.27 (-1)
13. Phil Mickelson (USA) 5.12
14. Patrick Reed (USA) 4.81
15. Jimmy Walker (USA) 4.54 (+33)
16. Louis Oosthuizen (RSA) 4.50 (-1)