Dear Friends of the Environment,
as usual, as the month neared its end loads of information rained in….
In addition to the WESSA Eden Newsletter for August please find:-
– the time schedule for the National Science “Week” from 10-12 August at the Garden Route Botanical Garden.
There is a BIG request for many, many people – large and small – to meet on the upper lawn on Friday 12th (exact time to be announced – enquire closer to the date.)
Everyone is to bring an umbrella with a white covering (bring pegs in case of a breeze) and there will be a set up of
E=mc2 on lawn for a satellite or drone photograph!!!!
– information on grants for Alien plant eradication provided by Achim Ecker.
– Schedule for Conservation@work meeting 23 August in George
– new Flight for Birders Identification Course in George 8 & 9 September
– please diarise Saturday 17 September – we are teaming up with SAN Parks and the Honorary Rangers of Wilderness, Lakes Bird Club and UCT’s ADU (Animal Demographic Unit) bringing information on Citizen Science.
More details in September’s Newsletter.
Hopefully there is something of interest to you.
Feel free to circulate widely!