The annual Beeld Holiday Show, which takes place from 24 – 26 February 2017 at the Gallaghar Estate, Midrand, is one of the largest domestic tourism exhibitions in South Africa, with an average of 26 000 visitors yearly.
The Gauteng tourism market plays a major role in terms of domestic visits to the Garden Route & Klein Karoo region. The Regional Tourism Office (RTO) and Local Tourism Offices (LTOs) will continue to use this platform to promote our low seasonal winter packages to promote the entire region.
This year, the following LTOs will be representing their towns on the GR&KK stand:
- Mossel Bay
The free Garden Route and Klein Karoo app will also be marketed by RTO, LTOs and the app developer, Mr Archie van Dyk. If anyone would like to know more about the Garden Route and Klein Karoo app, please click here: goo.gl/ZGxF9g or open the Android Google Play store or the Iphone App Store and type: Garden Route and Klein Karoo to download the app.
A GR&KK app competition will also be run during the course of the show. To enter, follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Browse to the “Garden Route and Klein Karoo App” page on Facebook, “Share & like” the page.
- Step 2: Click on the mobile app post to browse to and download the Garden Route and Klein Karoo app.
- Step 3: On the app menu, between “Events” and “Festivals”, click on the tab named “GR&KK competition”.
- Step 4: A new window will pop up, select “Competition Entry”.
- Step 5: The final step for the app users is to fill in the easy four (4) step contact form and to submit it. “Sign Up” or “Login” to enter the competition and stand a chance to win one of the many prizes on offer.
The Regional Tourism Office wishes to extend a word of thanks to the LTOs for sourcing prizes from the following companies:
- Keurbooms Lagoon Caravan Park
- SAASA (Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and Jukani
- Turnberry Boutique Hotel
- Buffelsdrift Game Lodge
- House Martin Guest Lodge
- Safari Ostrich Show Farm
- Cango Caves
We would also like to thank the aforementioned sponsors for their continuous support in ensuring that the Garden Route and Klein Karoo remains the destination of choice.