The fires that spread from Pezula to Noetzie and Hornlee are contained. The Sedgefield fires are completely under control, thanks to the combined efforts between ground and aerial resources.
At this point in time water bombing all evacuation warnings, have been rescinded. Unfortunately, one house was lost in Brenton due to flare ups. The current firefighting strategy has proved to be working and the fire is being pushed away from the houses.
The fire in Concordia has been contained.
The N2 between has been re-open.
The Communication Team together with SAPS verified that the media statements with regards to the hijacking of trucks used to deliver humanitarian support is not true.
There was an increase in the number of patients reporting at the mobile medical unit. This spiked since yesterday. Between Gift of the Givers and the EMS the capacity increased. The staff is being relieved with from staff from Oudtshoorn.
Brackenridge community at Bitou has been evacuated as a precautionary measure due to Fire in Jakkalskraal and Roodefontein. Fire still raging at Kransbos area.
Bitou high priority areas include the following:
- The Brackenridge gated community;
- Kraansbos fire is still raging out of control.
- Mountain to Ocean (MTO) on standby, but needs assistance.
- Residents along Maplin drive and Lizmore ave to be evacuated as a precautionary measure;
Due to the evacuating of residents, traffic congestion at Robberg Road and Peninsula Road intersection.
Evacuation Centres and the amount of people
- Cross Fit – 2
- Methodist Church – 36 People
- Community Church near Santini –1 Family of 4 people
- Dutch Reformed Church – to be confirmed
- Plett Primary – to be confirmed
- Kranshoek Multi-purpose- 150 People