Western Cape Government Health in Eden would like to wish all our youth Happy Youth Day for June 16th.
Youth play a vital role in the future health of our communities which is why it is important for our youth to empower themselves with information about their health and how they can improve the health of others. The Department has numerous services and initiatives aimed at developing healthy young adults and keeping them healthy.
Our facilities offer a range of services to assist you in making the best possible choices for your health.
- Family planning: We offer various forms of family planning to sexually active young people, both for males and females. Why not visit your nearest clinic to make use of this free service which includes amongst others the Implanon, injection, pill, emergency contraception and condoms.
- Mental Health: Stress about your studies, friends, partner or at home can easily make you depressed or anxious. Our trained staff are here to assist you to cope with what you are dealing with.
- Speak to one of our staff or dieticians for advice on a healthy diet.
- Substance abuse: There are various NGOs that are able and willing to assist you should you be dependent on any substance. Let us help you get into contact with the correct people to assist you.
Another exciting addition to our services is that of B-Wise, a mobi-site dedicated to the youth. This site has loads of information and tools that promote healthy lifestyles to adolescents and youth between the ages of 10–14, 15–19 and 20–24. Youth are able to access information on topics such as sexual and reproductive health and rights, HIV, AIDS and TB, nutrition, fitness and physical activity, alcohol and substance abuse, mental health, gender-based violence, chronic diseases, physical and mental disability, violence, trauma and injuries, and oral health.
No plans yet for Youth Day? Why not join in with one of ours.
- A big event will be held in Herbertsdale (Mossel Bay) on the 16th.
- There will also be an event at Rosemoor Sports Grounds (George) on the 16th.
Contact your nearest clinic to find out about any other smaller events taking place in your community.
Happy Youth Day!