The Western Cape Government, Department of Transport and Public Works, has made disaster funding available to Eden District Municipality, due to the recent devastating fires in the Bitou and Knysna municipal areas.
The funding will be utilised for the replacement of fences along proclaimed roads, which were burnt down and/or severely damaged during the recent fires in these areas.
The funding will only be applicable on a subsidy basis. It effectively means that a 100% subsidy will be payable (material and labour) on completion of the fencing. The subsidy will be paid at an average price of material and labour, according to the Fencing Subsidy Policy of the Eden District Municipality.
The new fences must adhere to the specifications of the Western Cape Government’s Roads Infrastructure Department. The minimum specifications will be made available to successful applicants.
Applications will only be considered upon an affidavit that no other compensation was claimed or received for the damages during the recent fires.
- Application forms can be obtained from Ms Bernadene Prinsloo from the Eden District Municipality’s Roads Services Department.
- Contact numbers: (w) 044 803 1506 / 082 800 1263.
- E-mail address: email@example.com.
- The application period will be valid from 10 July 2017 until 4 August 2017.
- Closing date for submission of applications: Friday, 4 August 2017.
- All applications will be verified, and successful applicants will be notified by Friday, 25 August 2017.
- All fences must be fully completed by Friday, 2 February 2018 for payment on Wednesday, 28 February 2018.
- Earlier completed fences will receive payment accordingly.