International Pinotage Day is just around the corner and what better way to pay homage to South Africa’s unique grape varietal than at the home of the world’s first Pinotage – Lanzerac Wine Estate in Stellenbosch.
Join in the fun and festivities on Saturday, 14 October, for an unforgettable Pinotage Day experience where live music, superb wines and a Pinotage-inspired menu hold the promise of a perfect day out for all Pinotage devotees.
Lanzerac Wine Estate will be pulling out all the stops on this significant day as the wine industry celebrates this proudly South African varietal. Visitors can look forward to the following exciting offerings on the day:
- A Lanzerac vertical Pinotage tasting presented by Cellar Master, Wynand Lategan, at 11h00 and 13h00. This tasting presents the perfect opportunity to sample the Pionier Pinotage 2015, which recently clinched a spot in the 2017 Absa Top 21 Pinotage finalists. Keeping it exciting, the lineup also includes a tasting of Lanzerac’s debut Pinotage Rosé 2017, a Gold Wine Award winner. Tickets cost R50 per person, seats are limited to 15 per slot, and pre-booking is essential.
- Stock up on Lanzerac’s acclaimed wines for the festive season. Visitors to the Estate will qualify for a 20% discount when purchasing Lanzerac Pinotage or Lanzerac Pinotage Rosé on the day. In addition, a 10% discount will apply when purchasing any of the other Lanzerac Premium wines on the day from the Tasting Room.
- October is synonymous with spring and Lanzerac is the perfect venue for a picnic. Pinotage picnic baskets will be available to pre-order and enjoy on the day at a cost of R400 per couple. Filled to the brim with delectable delights which includes a selection of cheeses, charcuterie, smoked pork pâté with Pinotage jelly, mini baguette, Pinotage onion marmalade, country style quiche, gourmet cupcakes, a chocolate mousse jar, and a bottle of Lanzerac Pinotage Rosé. Enjoy your picnic under the giant Oaks in the Deli courtyard or on the picnic terrace overlooking the mountains and vineyards.
- The Lanzerac Deli adjacent to the Tasting Room will cater to your culinary needs with its Pinotage-inspired menu. Guests can look forward to fresh oysters with Pinotage caviar, Pinotage and rosemary glazed lamb burgers, cheese and charcuterie platters and delicious gourmet mini pizzas for the little ones. Executive Chef Stephen Fraser uses only the freshest, locally sourced produce to create artisanal and wholesome meals guaranteed to whet any appetite.
- Cape Town Indie folk band, BrotherBrother, will provide live entertainment while you savour distinctive wine, indulge with the very best in fresh, artisan produce and delight in the breathtaking views.
Entry to Lanzerac is free of charge, but bookings for the vertical Pinotage tasting, Pinotage picnic baskets or the Lanzerac Deli is essential.
For more information about Lanzerac’s International Pinotage Day festivities contact Zia van Rooyen du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org.