Renowned American wine critic, James Suckling, has released his latest South African report, with no less than nine wines within the Anthonij Rupert Wyne portfolio receiving a score of 90 points or higher. The well-deserving wines were the following:
- Anthonij Rupert Blend 2013 (93 points)
- Anthonij Rupert Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 (93 points)
- Anthonij Rupert Optima 2013 (92 points)
- Cape of Good Hope Basson Pinotage 2016 (90 points)
- Cape of Good Hope Caroline 2015 (93 points)
- Cape of Good Hope Southern Slopes 2013 (90 points)
- Protea Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 (90 points)
- Protea Sauvignon Blanc 2017 (90 points)
- Protea Shiraz 2017 (91 points)
According to Suckling, the Swartland continues to make some of the most exciting wines in South Africa with fresh, terroir-driven Syrah and Chenin Blanc. This statement adds further credibility to the range’s Cape of Good Hope Caroline, which is produced at the company’s Riebeeksrivier estate in the Swartland.
Highly regarded within the industry, James Suckling was also a former Senior Editor and European Bureau Chief of Wine Spectator. Today, he is the CEO/Editor of JameSuckling.com, the wine media platform based in Hong Kong and Bangkok. View the report summary.