The Red Hot Events team that put together the annual line-up for Jägermeister presents Up The Creek is renowned for selecting the most talented gems of South African bands and artists, to ensure that every Up The Creek is an exceptionally memorable live music experience.
Think a cool, flowing river, wide open skies, rolling hills and sunny creeks with beautiful people coming together for a weekend of carefree fun, play and music. A perfect summer getaway!
For your 2019 music pleasure, the following bands and artists are first in line of many more to be revealed:
Koos Kombuis, BRYNN, Bam Bam Brown, Zengeance, Piet Botha, Greg Georgiades & Ultra Natives, The Steezies, Diamond Thug and Money for Bali.
Koos Kombuis makes his return to Up The Creek after many years. Koos will be opening the Main Stage for Up the Creek on Thursday evening, as continuation of the tradition that industry legends open the festival.
The young rock trio Zengeance won the first ever Savanna Sessions at Up the Creek 2018. This competition was hosted on the Thursday of Up the Creek 2018 and the judges were an array of high profile industry legends. The prize for this competition was a slot on the Up the Creek 2019 Main Stage.
One of the 2018 Up The Creek highlights, BRYNN, will be back with their alternative, folk-rock dynamite next year. Frontman Jules Terea says: “We’ve been frothing for Up The Creek 2019 since the second we walked off the stage at the last one. It’s a one of a kind festival and the opportunity to perform our music for such kind, loving and generous people as those who attend Up The Creek, is one that we live for.”
George Kirkinis from The Steezies (that delicious, new-ish “Zulu funk” band who describe themselves as a full force energy train of Afro-ish/Funk-ish/Indie-ish vibes) says that is it a dream for them to be playing at Up The Creek again next year: “It`s a beautiful festival that showcases the best of South Africa’s musical talent in an absolutely amazing setting. For lovers of live music, it’s hard to do better than this. It is an honour for us to be sharing the stage with many of our musical idols, and we cannot wait to give it our all and then sit back and enjoy a weekend of brilliant music on the Breede River!”
More bands to be announced in October.
Curate your Creek: The team would love to hear from you with regards to your ideal UTC experience. Your opinions on things like the line-up and food vendors matter. It helps us to tailor-make a fun and unique festival experience for all Creekers. Who would you like to see at the festival? Submit your favourite bands / artists / comedians suggestions here and yummy chow suggestions here.
If you have not been to Up The Creek before, or if you are a regular Creeker with mid-year brain fog and need a reminder, check out the official after movie of Jägermeister presents Up The Creek 2018 to get you excited and in the mood for 2019`s festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pgBVEcbQQg
Get your tickets: https://upthecreek.howler.co.za/events/3491/tickets
Full weekend tickets (arrive Thursday) – R1 120.00
Friday to Sunday tickets – R970.00 (only 500 of these available.)
Ticket prices include booking fees and vat.
What’s included in your Festival ticket price?
- Access to the festival from 11:00 on Thursday 7 Feb to 16:00 on Sunday 10 Feb 2019.
*If you purchase a Friday-Sunday ticket, you will have access from 08:00 on Friday 8 Feb 2019.
- Access to the festival’s four campsite options: Hilton, Ellis Park and Country Club (no cars allowed); Hillbilly (vehicles of any type, shape or form allowed).
- Watch the bands and artists that you’ve helped to select. Visit our website to make suggestions on the Artists and Vendor pages.
- Indoor hot showers and flushing toilets. Up The Creek is hosted at a well-established Felix Unite River Adventures camp.
- Outdoor showers (hot and cold).
- Ample portable loos throughout the festival grounds.
- Dedicated lifeguards at the river for the entire weekend.
- Superb entertainment on three separate stages, with fantastic audio quality.
- Professional festival support crew, on call 24/7.
- A chilled, intimate and accepting vibe at South Africa’s second longest-running music festival – established in 1990.
Are you a camper or a glamper?
You’ll be stoked to know that Jägermeister presents Up The Creek caters for both! Choose between the festival’s four general campsite options, but first decide if you want to camp with your car or not:
- Camp with car/campervan: Hillbilly Campsite.
- Camp without car: Hilton, Ellis Park and Country Club.
Prefer to camp like a rock star? Then go for the more luxurious Heartbreak Motel at an additional cost. http://www.heartbreakmotel.co.za/up-the-creek-music-festival-2019/