Make Steenberg’s delightful Ruby Rosé your go to spring and summer wine and take any happy occasion up a notch by creating your own frosty frosé sensation.
This invigoratingly dry and vivacious Rosé is a fabulous blend of Syrah(69%) and Cinsault(31%). Steenberg Ruby Rosé 2018 teems with scents of watermelon sorbet, toffee apple, red licorice candy and ripe sweet melon. Refreshing with a mouthful of juicy raspberries, wild strawberries and hints of spice, this dry, fruit-forward Rosé is light and flirty, yet shows lovely depth that lingers on the palate. It’s the perfect sip for picnics, light lunches and sundowners.
“Rosé is such a joyful wine,” says Steenberg winemaker JD Pretorius. “It’s growing in popularity which is great news as we should be drinking more of it in our climate, especially over lunch.”
The Steenberg Ruby Rosé 2018 sells for R93 at the cellar door and can be found at wine shops country-wide.
Adding her creative touch, Chef Kerry Kilpin of Steenberg’s popular Bistro Sixteen82 has added her signature twist for the ultimate frosé recipe:
Steenberg Ruby Rosé Frosé
- 500ml Steenberg Ruby Rosé
- 50g strawberries
- 50g raspberries
- 100ml sugar
- 100ml water
- 3 peppercorns
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Blend the berries and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, water and spices in a pot and allow to infuse and heat on a very low heat for 10 minutes. Do not boil the sugar syrup but the sugar must dissolve. Allow to cool.
- Combine the wine, sugar syrup and berries and mix well. Place in a container and freeze overnight.
- To serve, blend the semi frozen wine with 1 cup of ice in a blender. Sip and enjoy.
For more information visit www.steenbergfarm.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SteenbergWines and Facebook at facebook.com/steenbergestate.