31 October 2018: nav» the financial GPS on the FNB Banking App, continues to introduce the latest disruptive tools that help customers to manage their money digitally.
Today, FNB has launched its more recent digital innovation on the nav» Home functionality that enables FNB customers to securely list and sell their homes privately to buyers who most likely qualify for a Home loan, while saving costs associated with the process.
“With over 8 million properties registered in the deeds office, we see a significant opportunity to become a game-changer in the property industry. The bank continues to innovate by delivering customer-centric integrated financial services underpinned by digitisation. Substantial investment has been made to ensure that our digital platforms are not only helpful but also built to enhance the overall customer experience; ultimately helping consumers to help themselves,” says Raj Makanjee, FNB Retail CEO.
nav» Chief Imagineer (CEO), Jolandé Duvenage, says “Since launch in 2016, nav» has become a trusted platform that has enabled a multi-channel approach, which empowers our customers to navigate their financial journey. A first within the home market, the new functionality allows known FNB sellers to connect with known FNB buyers in a reliable, cost-saving and secure environment. This allows us to build upon our existing Home marketplace, which enables the ability to either sell through an estate agent or privately.”
“Through this solution, our sellers and buyers can engage, arrange to view a listed property and negotiate the price, via Secure Chat on the FNB Banking App. Sellers and buyers and sellers also can disclose personal contact information only when they are comfortable to do so,” says Duvenage.
This latest innovation follows the overwhelming response to FNB’s nav» Home solution, which helps customers to search for houses, get pre-selected for finance and uncover associated costs with calculators. To date, nav» Home has over 1 million unique visitors and has paid out R4.7 billion worth of home loans since inception”.
“Providing our customers with more choice through our self-service channels helps match sellers with buyers,” says Duvenage. She unpacks the benefits for selling and buying a house privately via nav» Home:
- Access thousands of buyers most likely to qualify for a Home Loan
- Conveniently calculate your savings upfront
- A quick and convenient 6-step listing process
- List for a fair price using an instant free value estimate for your property and view similar and current listings in your area
- Manage and edit your own listing at any stage
- Monitor number of views & likes (provides valuable customer insights)
- Filter buyers on the likelihood to qualify for a Home Loan
- Engage in a trusted environment
- View photo galleries of properties
- Request a quick and easy pre-approval and Home Loan application
- Access other nav» Home tools like calculators, instant free value estimates, area and property reports
- Access a standard Offer to Purchase document
- Get 50% back in eBucks on the first Home Loan repayment and get up to 50% off bond registration fees with a selected panel of attorneys
“This latest innovation forms part of our broader strategy to be a bank which does more to help its customers through its integrated digital banking solutions. Our solutions coupled with the nav» platform continues to propel us further towards becoming a trusted money manager that is built on partnerships, efficiencies and innovation,” concludes Makanjee.