Customers want fast access to services and advice, with queries like can I register for internet banking online or what is internet banking being some of the frequently-asked questions we receive.
If you are still wondering about internet banking then African Bank’s Neil Thompson, Head of Product and Customer Value Proposition at African Bank can provide you with some good advice on why mobile banking, as it is also referred to, is the smart way to transact today.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions:
- Can I register for internet banking online? Yes absolutely. No office hours apply. The bank’s doors do not have to be open for you to get your banking transactions done. Banks can help you online even when their staff are all sound asleep at home. This obviously gives you better control as it is now entirely up to you when and how you want to interact with your bank.
- How much does it cost? Thompson says this is one of the most attractive benefits. This type of banking is free. “Traditionally, bank transactions carried high fees for various day-to-day transactions, but this is not the case when you use the internet to do your banking. At African Bank there is no monthly subscription or transaction fees for using internet banking,” he says.
- How can I find my bank account number online? Thompson says your bank account number will be on your bank statement which you can access online.
- Is mobile banking safe? Banks are continually upgrading their systems to protect customers from internet criminals and protect their information. Personal information connected to your online account is carefully protected. While your bank will have state-of-the-art security measures in place to protect you, you are also responsible for your security online. The more information you have about cybercrime the better, so that you know what to look out for and avoid.
- What transactions can I do online? Online you can view your balance at any time, update your details, manage all your accounts, pay accounts, transfer money, manage debit and stop orders, create savings accounts, get statements and much more.
- Can I do cellphone banking? Yes easily. Most banks have a convenient banking app which you can download and transact easily. All transactions can be viewed on your phone and it is protected with a password in case your phone gets stolen.
“These are just some of the many reasons customers are embracing mobile banking,” says Thompson.
“We fully accept that technology is daunting to some people but from experience we know the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to managing your money through an online account. The systems and platforms that support online banking are sophisticated, simple to use and secure. Banking has never been easier than online and as life becomes busier, it makes perfect sense to be able to manage your finances on the go, anywhere, anytime,” concludes Thompson.