March 2020: If you’ve dropped your phone while hiking, taken a tumble while on your mountain bike or your phone has taken a swim while fishing, you need a rugged phone.
Buying a rugged phone traditionally comes with sacrifices: To own a phone that life can’t break, you’ve had to accept a bulkier and armoured device – and often lose out on mainstream functionality. But the latest offering from Cat® phones doesn’t require compromise. Combining the latest technology such as fingerprint scanning, this pocket friendly, sleek and lightweight design also boasts the best camera in its class with all the toughness that Cat phones are renowned for.
Whether you’re taking a selfie at the top of the peak you just climbed or are snapping family photo during your beach holiday, the Cat® S52 has a main camera with fast and accurate focusing thanks to its dual pixel Sony sensor, bright f/1.8 aperture and large 1.4µm pixel size that delivers great low-light performance. This, combined with advanced multi-frame image processing software, provides a class-leading camera experience for a rugged phone.
Never miss another moment
Not only will this sleek and lightweight design fit comfortably in your pocket, with Cat phones’ 10 years of expertise in producing rugged devices, the S52 provides military grade ruggedness that will be tough to break on your outdoor adventures.
The high-grade aluminium frame not only provides unrivalled protection for your phone, it also offers a sleek, classic look that is as comfortable on a boardroom table as it is on a mountain bike trail. Protecting the phone from drops is Corning® Gorilla® glass 6, slightly recessed below a surrounding protective ridge, that ensures your screen won’t get scratched in your backpack or crack when dropped from heights of up to 1.5 metres.
Despite its elegant design, the Cat S52 is as tough as ever. The phone is dirt and dustproof, to protect it both from the rigours of rock climbing and the trials of trail run. Added to this, the Cat S52 can be fully submerged in water – ensuring it will withstand any puddle, coffee spills or tumbles into the bottom of your kayak while snapping that awesome sunrise photo of passing dolphins.
The Cat S52 has a recommended retail price of R10,999 and is available from leading cellular network operators in South Africa or from Takealot.co.za.
Visit catphones.co.za for more information.
About Cat devices and accessories:
The Cat brand stands for trust, durability, reliability and quality. The Cat DNA is found in every Cat mobile phone and accessory offered by Bullitt Mobile Ltd. and provides boundless experience with robust mobility. To find out more about what Cat phones and accessories are made of, visit www.catphones.com.
About Bullitt Group
Bullitt Group helps global brands extend their product portfolios into new categories, particularly in the connected devices market. We design, manufacture, market and sell products under license for our brand partners.
Since its formation in 2009, Bullitt Group has designed, manufactured and distributed millions of mobile phones, audio products, other connected devices and related peripherals to more than 70 countries across the globe.
Bullitt is the global licensee for Cat (Caterpillar Inc.) and Land Rover for mobile phones and related peripherals. Bullitt Group’s Head Office is in Reading, England with additional office locations in Taipei (Taiwan), Shenzhen (China) and Singapore.
Exceptionally thin rugged mobile phone
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 76.6 x 9.69mm
- Weight: 210g
Leading Rugged Credentials
- Drop tested at 1.5m (5ft) on steel, 30 times, including on to all sides and corners
- Ingress Protection (IP68):
- Sand, dust and dirt resistant
- Waterproof up to 1.5m for 35 minutes
- Mil Spec 810G:
- Thermal shock: handles temperature differences between -30°C (-22°F) to 65°C (149°F) for up to 24 hours
- Resistant to vibration: Category 4
- Resistant to humidity and salt mist
- No need for a case; screen protected by Gorilla® Glass® 6
Best in Class Camera
- Rear-facing: dual pixel Sony 12MP sensor, f/1.8, 1.4μm, PDAF, EIS
- Front-facing: 8MP sensor
Long Life battery
- 3100mAh (supports fast charging). Non-removable Lithium Ion
- Android 9 – guaranteed update to Android 10, in-life security patches every 90 days
- Super Bright 5.65” HD+ 18:9 IPS display (1440 x 720).
- Touch screen can be controlled with gloves on or with wet fingers
Performance and connectivity
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, expandable with MicroSD™ card to ensure plenty of storage (separate microSD™ and SIM slots)
- MediatekHelio P35 Octacore3GHz processor
- LTE Cat 6, (VoWiFi, VoLTE, ViLTE supported)
- Dual band WiFi (2.4GHz/5GHz), BT5.0, NFC
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS/Galileo
- Nano SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB Type C (waterproof)
- 5mm audio jack (waterproof)
- Curated app catalogue for rugged device users
- Comprehensive warranty