(Thursday, 15 October 2020) Within just 72 hours, more than 1 million customers have already joined the new Shoprite Xtra Savings programme.
On average 400 customers per minute have signed up for a Shoprite Xtra Savings card since Monday, 12 October.
Central to the programme’s success is its lack of paperwork and ease of signup. Shoppers can join free of charge in under 60 seconds via any of the following channels:
- WhatsApp (add (+27 87 240 5709 as a contact and say “Hi!”)
- USSD (simply dial *134*569*CARDNUMBER#)
- Online (visit shoprite.co.za)
There are no points to earn, and no tiers or levels to achieve. Instead, the focus is on providing instant savings on everyday essentials.
The Shoprite Xtra Savings card is already helping shoppers to realise significant savings in tough economic times exacerbated by the impact of Covid-19. Some of the most popular launch deals include:
- Farmer’s Choice frozen mixed chicken portions: 5kg for R124.99 – a saving of R35
- Sunlight 2-in-1 hand washing powder – 2 x 2kg bags for R70 – a saving of R22
For South African consumers this could not have come at a better time, getting Xtra Savings on what they need most!
Together with the Shoprite R5 meal solutions and the R4.99 loaf of bread which will make the consumer Rand just go so much further!